Wood Railings - Elegant And Stylish
Author: Adam Peters
The article will give you the information on wood railings. The information is necessary for installation of all wood products and railings in particular. It will also give you tips on wood care to make it long lasting.
Wooden railing is the first choice for any owner or the builder as the elegance and the style that you get from wooden railings is nothing compared to other materials. Some time the light reflection from all sources disturbs you. Wood does not reflect light as much as steel does, a kind of sereneness, and tranquility that you get from use of wood, you cannot get from any other material.
- Advantages Of Wood Railings
There are many advantages of wooden railings particularly indoor railings.
1. The elegance of wood is unmatched by anything else.
2. Contrary to popular belief, wood railings are maintenance free, particularly those used indoors. A nice polishing, a coat of lacquer while installing, is all that is required, and no further maintenance is required.
3. Another advantage of wood is that it massive in construction and will last for several decades if not centuries.
4. With its wide top, children (and some times grown ups too!) enjoy the wood railing sliding down the railing for coming down instead of coming down by steps. Oh what fun!
- Choice Of Wood For Railings
Wooden stock rails, balusters and newel can be made in Burma teak, Cherry, Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Walnut, Mahogany, Poplar, Beech, Yellow Pine, Ash or Cedar. Many manufacturers can give you the top rail design that you desire or dream. Manufacturers use CAD systems, CNC machinery, and hand artistry, to give you any rail profile, baluster turnings or newel post.
Care Of Wood In General, Railing In Particular
Wood when properly treated and cared for requires no maintenance. The major enemy of wood is the life forms capable of living and thriving on wood. The microscopic life starts first and then it is like a jungle, where the food chain starts. Therefore if you treat wood with chemicals to stop the growth of micro-organisms and keep water away from it, the possibility of wood rot gets much less. Regular cleaning, annual polishing, waxing when the wood railing looks dull is all that is required for caring the wood articles and railing in general. Out-door railings may require painting to keep them looking new.
About the author
Adam Peters is a freelance author who contributes adding articles to a deck and porch railings website http://www.deck-porch-railings.com. Reach further articles on wood railing plans http://www.deck-porch-railings.com/wood-deck-railings.html and designs.
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/