What Movies Can Teach You About Meaningful Coincidences (And How To Use Them To Get What You Want)
Author: Maria Grace, Ph.D.
When you have your dream clear in your mind and you go after it in the right way, the universe will send you miraculous help through meaningful coincidences. Sometimes you may have only one opportunity to receive such help. That's why you must be ready.
Coincidences are unexpected, unforced, and happen all the time. For example, on a Monday morning, a co-worker wears the same sweater as you do. Or, you're flying to the Bermudas next to a person who has the same last name as you. These are coincidences but they mean nothing. Here's why:
In order for a coincidence to be meaningful, it must correspond to something you want. When this happens, you feel a jolt in body. You then know in your bones that the universe has sent you unexpected help.
There are five rules you must follow when you look for help form the universe to fulfill your dreams. Follow them and you'll be able to use a meaningful coincidence every time it happens, knowing that you are on the right track.
1. Know what you want. Always keep your dream alive and know the desires you are seeking to fulfill.
3. Do your part and don't cheat. Do your best to walk the path that gets you closer to your dream, as you complete your tasks one at a time. Don't try to control or force the outcome. Don't cheat and don't do harmful things to fulfill your desire. The outcome will appear when the time is right. This is called timing.
3. Collaborate with the universe. Be open to help that comes when you least expect it. Don't fight it. Accept help from the universe in whatever form it comes and move on.
4. Trust timing. Timing happens spontaneously. You have no control over it. You can control only your actions to achieve your goals, until they "mature" and catalyze results.
5. Trust your gut feeling. Respond to a meaningful coincidence only if it feels right. Don't compromise your values and don't put yourself in jeopardy. If something about a coincidence "feels funny", pass it up.
Movies with Lessons on Meaningful Coincidences
Here's a list of movies that show how coincidences can change our lives forever. Pick a movie from this list and watch it alone or with friends. As you watch it, think about the questions that follow below. For more information on how to change your life in 12 weeks using lessons from popular movies, visit www.reelfulfilment.com.
1. "Sidewalks of New York" is a story about a group of New Yorkers in search of romance. Coincidences keep happening that bring them closer to their dreams, only to show us that love is possible if we let the universe send it our way.
2. "Happenstance" is set in Paris as the story of Irene, a hopelessly romantic sales clerk who runs into a young man on the Metro. As soon as she sees him, it's love at first sight. But fate keeps them from meeting again, until the universe brings them together through a magical coincidence.
3. "Amores Perros" is a gritty, merciless story about the power of coincidences to mark our lives when we least expect it. Set in Mexico City, it's a powerful portrait about the complexity of life and the power of the universe to affect the outcome of our actions regardless of our conscious intentions. Caution: Contains violent scenes and dog fights. Do not watch it if you are too sensitive seeing animals suffer.
4. "The Princess and The Warrior" is a very unusual story unfolding in Germany. A coincidence brings together a psychiatric nurse and her soul mate, who is a criminal on the run. That moment marks both their lives and sets off their journey to fulfilling each other's deepest desires: to be understood, accepted and loved.
Questions to answer:
1. What do the characters want and what do they do to fulfill them?
2. How do meaningful coincidences shape the characters' fates for better or worst?
2. How do the characters respond to the meaningful coincidences?
3. What scenes of the movie taught you something about your pursuits?
4. Did you learn something new about yourself from this story?
About the author
Maria Grace, Ph.D., is an expert at teaching life improvement strategies using lessons from popular movies. She is a Fulbright scholar, psychotherapist and coach in private practice, and the author of Reel Fulfillment: A 12-Step Plan for Transforming Your Life through Movies. For more information, visit www.mariagrace.com and www.reelfulfillment.com
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/