Website Design and Development Team Building
Author: Steve Morris
We all know the value of having a Web site rank well in search engine outcome for searches on particular keywords/phrases. If the Web site doesn't have a page appearing in the top 10 search engine result positions the probability of someone clicking on the listing, and actually visiting the site, drop dramatically.
Although one person can maintain small websites, larger sites require a group of personnel filling a variety of roles. The line can be blurred between the roles, and ofcourse many aspects of site design require more than one head to solve a problem. The following roles are examples of the types of talent necessary to build a larger, well-conceived site.
1. Server administrators - Get to know and appreciate the technical people that run your web server. They take care of the sticky technical issues like firewalls, modem ports, internal security, file administration, and backup procedures. Consult with to determine your web site's default file - name and directory structure. They also can generate reports that will tell you how many visitors your site is attracting, where the visitors are coming from and what pages thy like best.
2. HTML coders - these are the people responsible for creating the HTML code and troubleshooting the site. Most HTML coders now are using HTML editors to create code, but any self respecting HTML coder knows how to open the HTML file in a text editor and code by hand. The coders also are responsible for testing and evaluating the site across different operating systems and web browsers.
3. Designers - Web Design Colorado Designers are the graphic artists responsible for the look of the site. They will use design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard graphic design program. Designers contribute to the page template design, navigation icons, color scheme, and logos. If your site uses photographic content, the designers will be called upon to prepare the photos for online display.
4. Writers and information designers - writers prepare content for online display, which includes Web Design Colorado designing hypertext information and navigation paths. Additionally, writers should be responsible for creating a site style guide and typographic conventions. The writers are responsible for consistency, grammar, spelling, and tone. They also work closely with the designers to develop the page templates.
5. Software programmers - Programmers write the programs you need to build interaction into your site. They may write a variety of applications, including Common Gateway Interface (CGI) scripts, Java scripts, and back - end applications that interact with a database.Commerce sites will especially need the talents of a programming staff.
About the author: This article was written by Steve Morris. Mr. Morris runs New Media, a drupal web design Company located in downtown Denver, Colorado (http://www.NewMediaDenver.com). Newmediadenver offers Web design denver, drupal web development , Web development, Internet marketing.
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/