Top 10 Things To Watch For When Replicating Your CD or DVD
Author: Rashi Singh
You hear about it all the time. You are throwing your first ever CD release party, at which you’re planning on selling the first available copies of your debut album. You’ve worked for years for this night – your dream is finally coming true. Everything is all set: the venue is booked, the invites have been sent, the dj is ready to go, and the drinks and décor are all exactly how you imagined.
But there’s one problem. Your replicator hasn’t delivered on time, and you’ve just been told that your CD’s won’t arrive until the day after the party.
Believe it or not, this happens more often than you might think! Here are the top ten surefire ways to avoid this and other similar nightmares:
1) Provide the replicator with clean artwork. All replicators’ turn times depend on receiving flawless files. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to call on customer support for help;
2) Plan ahead of time. Plan for your delivery date to be at least a week before your absolute deadline; this gives you and the replicator enough time to make sure everything goes smoothly;
3) Dealing directly with the manufacturer can reduce the lag time (and often also the price!), versus dealing with a broker;
4) Choose a replicator who is accessible. Are they always there when you need them? Can you trust your project in their hands? Do they care about your project?
5) Test and re-test your master for errors. There’s nothing more time-consuming and frustrating than sending a replicator a faulty master. Always supply a back-up disc;
6) Make sure you own the rights to the content. Replicators are legally obligated to ensure that you are the rightful owner of what’s being replicated;
7) Know exactly what it is that you are paying for before you choose your supplier. Understand the costs and the jargon behind your quotation;
8) Choose a replicator that has a team in place to deal with problems and frustrations as they occur;
9) Choose a replication partner who has interest in growing with you as you grow;
10) Is there a hidden agenda? Is the sales rep more interested in his or her quota than working as your partner?
Choosing the right replicator can make all the difference. Choose smart and let the journey to your success be a whole lot easier!
About the author: Rashi Singh is with Duplium Corporation, a CD Duplication company based in Dallas and Toronto. Duplium provides top quality CD and DVD Replication, customized printing and packaging, and full-scale fulfillment solutions. Visit http://www.duplium.com for more information or to receive a quote.
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/