Selling a Used Car - 5 Ways to Get the Best Deal
Author: Seamus Cooley
So, that's it. It's time to part company and move on. No longer does the bodywork excite you, even though it still gleams in the sunlight and, although you've had a good run together, you've got your eye on a new, younger model.
Are you planning to sell your used car? If yes, following are a few guidelines that will help you get the best deal possible:
1) You should make sure that your used car is in good overall shape and appearance. If you really want to get a good deal from selling your used car, it is very important to improve the overall appearance as much as you possibly can.
- Inside the car should be vacuum-cleaned.
- Burnt lights, fuses, or other damaged accessories should be replaced or repaired.
- The battery of the car should be in good overall general condition.
- Make sure all of the tires are properly inflated and glossed up.
- Have an auto reconditioning done if you think your vehicle is in real need of it.
2) Your vehicle service record, showing the details of all servicing done on your used car, such as oil changes and battery check-ups etc, is the most significant selling tool. Organize all the service reports you have in the car file. A well-maintained record is bound to impress your customers.
3) Most potential buyers are more concerned about the mileage of the used car your selling. Therefore, you should make sure you keep the Auto Check Vehicle Report of your vehicle ready before inviting customers. Provide a copy of this report to your potential buyers to show them that your used car has never been wrecked and that its mileage has never been tampered with or adjusted.
4) Instead of just advertising in newspaper adverts that are limited only to a local population, you should advertise in popular online used car websites to get a massive exposure and a larger number of responses.
5) You should not quote a very high asking price. Also, do not under-price because if you do so, buyers will definitely suspect the quality of your used vehicle. Therefore, before advertising your used car for sale, make sure you have researched the market thoroughly to estimate the best value for your vehicle.
Thus, a proper market research, organized car-maintenance records, an auto check vehicle report, good advertising, and awesome negotiating skills can help you sell your car at the best price.
About the author: At http://CarSearchGuide.co.uk, one of the UK's leading motoring websites for used cars for sale in the UK, we provide essential advice and tips on car insurance, car loans http://www.carsearchguide.co.uk/car_loans/, buying and selling new and used cars and much more.
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/