Christmas Gift Ideas: Interior Décor Presents
Author: Jeanette Joy Fisher
Choosing a gift for someone to display in their home can be frustrating. On the other hand, if you're shopping for a friend or family member, you can give a present that will be appreciated.
When to Not Give Home Décor Presents
If you've never been to your friend's home, I would definitely not give a household item unless it's for a recent bride with a gift registry. Even if you're gift shopping with your friend and she points out a darling framed picture or frilly pillow, that doesn't mean the item will fit in her personal interior décor.
Perhaps you know your friend collects figurines like I do. Because of my last name, I started collecting fish years ago. However, I collect tiny glass antique fish, about one inch tall. The large wooden fish my mother gave me just doesn't fit my interior décor.
How to Give Home Décor Presents
If you have been to your friend's home and know she needs to complete her home decorating with accessories, here are some gift ideas:
1. Double check your friend's color scheme. Your gift doesn't have to match perfectly to blend in.
2. Make sure her home isn't too crowded with many small decorating items. Many small accessories make a home feel cluttered.
3. Make something yourself that has meaning to you both. For instance, make a stained glass icon to reflect light in her bathroom window.
4. Find an old snapshot of you two from the past. Get the picture touched up professionally and frame it in a frame that blends in with her home decorations.
5. Give your friend a huge candle dressed up with pearls, sequins, or seashells with a base that matches her style. For instance, if she loves silver, crystal, ceramics, or brass, choose that material.
If you give thought to your gift with these interior decorating tips, you will make your friend happy.
Copyright © Jeanette J. Fisher.
About the author
Jeanette Joy Fisher
Free holiday decorating ideas teleclass, "Interior Design Secrets to Glorious Holiday Decorating" and more holiday decorating tips Joy Holidays Decorating http://JoyHolidays.com.
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/