Best Recipes: Chicken with Apples
- 1½ cups quick-cooking rice
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 250g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 large red cooking apple, cored and coarsely chopped, not peeled
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ¼ tspn salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tspn black pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1. Cook the rice according to instructions. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with foil, and keep warm.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over moderate high heat for 1 minute. Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until they are soft. Add the snow peas and apple and cook, uncovered, stirring now and then, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the apple is golden brown. Add to the rice.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the pan for 1 minute. Blend in the curry powder, flour and salt, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the stock and milk and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
4. Mix in the lemon juice, pepper, chicken and rice mixture. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes more - just until steaming hot.
Sprinkle some of the peanuts over each portion.
About the author
Petrosyan writes for http://www.healthfood.blogspot.com where you can find more information about Healthy food, Diet food, Food Safety, Kids food, Best recipes of World's kitchen, Healthy weight loss ...
Powered by CommonSense CMS script - http://www.sensesites.com/